Provides book reviews, by kids, for kids
Provides live author interviews for podcast
Provides interviews with experts in the publishing industry
Provides post-publication reviews
Provides book reviews and author publicity
Provides professional website design and development
Provides a place where writers and readers meet
Provides 5 books reviews on 10 different sites
Provides book reviews and author features
Provides Book Reviews via Book Blog
Provides book reviews and author features
Become a Rebeccas Reads Reviewer
Guidelines for new reviewers
Before you complete the application form, please read the following guidelines.
If your application is accepted:
You will read and review books, galleys, manuscripts, audio CDs, e-books and DVDs in the genre of your choice. On the application form you will have a choice of what type of publication you will review. RebeccasReads will not endorse pornography or text books.
You will advise RebeccasReads when you are ready for a book, picked from Pending to be sent to you. Please allow one week for mailing. You may read as many books as you want or as time allows. We prefer that you commit to at least 2 books per month.
When you are available to review, please go to the Pending page and choose the books you would like to review. Send an email to admin at rebeccasreads dot com with your list. RebeccasReads will make arrangements to have the publication sent directly to you. In the event the item you receive doesn't capture your interest, please contact RebeccasReads immediately.
When you receive the publication for review, you will notify RebeccasReads of receipt. We keep track of all the details pertaining the review process.
The book/galley/manuscript/ebook must be read, the DVD watched, or the audio CD listened to within 4 weeks of receipt. Upon completion you will write a review of around 350 - 750 words (3 - 5 paragraphs) and e-mail it to RebeccasReads. See below for the format for sending your review.
Upon receipt of review from you, RebeccasReads staff will format the review for posting on the website. We also send the tear sheet to the submitter. All reviews are edited for punctuation and grammar before formatting. This process sometimes takes two weeks. Please do not tell the author/publisher that you have submitted the review to us. We will send them a tear sheet when the process is complete.
There is no monetary compensation, however, you get to keep the publication.You may keep the publication, pass it on to a friend, or donate it to a charity.
The review becomes the property of RebeccasReads. RebeccasReads will give the author permission to use the review in full or excerpts providing they credit the reviewer and RebeccasReads. (e.g. Reviewed by John/Jane Doe, RebeccasReads.)
If you would like to post your review on other sites, arrangements may be made with RebeccasReads. Please do not post it without permission.
Please do not contact the submitter (author, publisher, publicist) for other books to review or send the review directly to them.
RebeccasReads provides an Expedited Review service. The same guidelines apply except the book must be read and review sent within 12 days of receipt. Expedited Reviews are commissioned by the author or publisher. Reading a book within 12 days doesn't automatically constitute payment of a stipend. If you choose to be an express reviewer, you will be asked to do an Expedited Review, otherwise all reviews are considered as regular reviews.
There is a stipend for Expedited Reviews.
If you feel comfortable with these guidelines, please fill out the form and submit.
Submit the application form
Writing Reviews For rebeccas reads
A review tells what the publication is about and how successful it is at what it is trying to do. As a reviewer you describe the book, analyze how the book achieved its purpose, and express your own reactions.
Rebecca's Reads reserves the right to edit all reviews for length and content, and we always make sure there are no grammatical errors or misspellings.
Review submission format
- Publisher Address
- Publisher Phone Number and URL (if any)
- ISBN, Price, Publication Date
- Reviewed by (your name) for RebeccasReads (x/06)
- Headline for amazon.com (this is 3 to 5 words)
- number of stars for amazon.com (#/5)
The body of review is a minimum of 350 words, with a maximum of 750 words, usually 3 - 5 paragraphs.
When referencing to the title in the review please put in quotations "book title ".
Consider these questions when writing your review
- What is the author's main point or plot?
- How successful do you think the author was in carrying out the purpose of the publication?
- How well does the author write? You can use a brief quotation to illustrate your observations. If CD/DVD, how well does the presenter get the point across?
- Who is the book for? (general reader, genre interest, specialized audience, age range, orientation, etc.)
- Your personal experiences that relate to the topic. Your personal opinion. Your favorite part or what you learned.
- Your recommendation. This could pertain to editing issues, future publications, or story line.
- The conclusion ties together the review and provides a comment. This is usually the part that is used for an excerpt of the review.
- Be creative! Give your own honest and fair opinion. Be candid. Authors love the personal flair that you give the review.
- Send as e-mail attachment (Word) or in body of e-mail to: admin at rebeccasreads dot com.